My friends and I have really wanted to play True American (seen on New Girl, loosely based from trueamericanrules.com). I didn’t find any rules I liked so I made up my own! I’d thought I would share, please feel free to make them your own too, message if you have any good ones and I’ll post them
Summary: Players take turns trying to win moves in order to navigate the tables, chairs, and cushions which are your only escape from the molten lava floor. At the center of the game is a castle made of a handle (king) and beers (pawns).
Endgame: Once all of the beers have been removed, the first player to reach the bottle of alcohol, finish their beer, and take a swig from bottle, wins the game.
Every time you reach the castle you shout THANK YOU MR PRESIDENT and take a beer from the center
If you fall off into the lava: Remove one article of clothing
You always have to have a beer in your hand, never more than 2
If you have to leave the game (bathroom, phone call) shout “I’M LEAVING FOR MOTHER ENGLAND” and when you come back shout “I’VE RETURNED TO THE COLONIES”
When all pawns/beers are gone shout GOD SAVE THE QUEEN and take a pull from the handle
President’s Day: Player shouts “FDR” and starts to chug- the first person to finish their drink shouts “JFK” and moves forward
Census: The player counts “one, two, three” and on four, all players put a number on their head, anyone with a unique number drinks and moves
Bill of Rights: The player starts out with “It is my right as an american to…” and fills in the blank with something they have done, if another American has done it then they put up a finger; the first person to put up 5 fingers shouts a president’s name and moves forward a space; if an american does not put up any fingers they shout the name of a non democratic country and move back a space
The United Traits: The player names to people or objects that have something in common. (cherry tree, Mt Vernon, wooden teeth= George Washington) The other players then yell out what is in common. Players who guess correctly drink and move
Freedom of Speech: The player begins a quote and all other players attempt to finish the quote. For instance, “The only thing we have to fear is…“ and “fear itself!”. Players who complete the quote correctly drink and move
National Anthem: The player says, “oh say can you see” and names a category, (HAS TO BE AMERICAN THEMED); person who can’t think of one says “and the home of the brave” instead of something from the category, drinks and moves forward
Right to Bare Arms: The player shouts “2nd Amendment” and everyone puts their hands up, last person to put their arms up drinks and moves
7th Amendment: The player chooses a superlative (most likely to…) and says “TRIAL BY JURY” then everyone points to the person they vote for, person with the most votes drinks and moves forward
Everyone gets a partner
Caught in the Act: You shout Monica Lewinsky, and every other pair has to assume a sexual position; they have until you shout Hillary Clinton; then you judge the best one- that team drinks and moves forward
Truth or Dare: on your turn, you can T/D another team; if they don’t comply then they have to take a shot
Iron Curtain: you can send a pair behind the “iron curtain” to kiss, switch clothes, etc
Sorry everyone about the previous post on the London Underground. I meant to post that to my personal tumblr, must have clicked the wrong thing on my tumblr app. Hope you enjoyed my mistake anyway!
Please flip to 00:58 seconds and be amazed. (Chris in an infomercial!!) thank you Sydney for finding this gem!
barefootnhappy asked: Thank you so much for getting back to me! I always thought that I wanted a really big school but found out that I want a smaller one so that i can really get to know a lot of people. I am going to major in biology with more of a focus on the wildlife/conservation side. What was your favorite and least favorite things about Eckerd?
No problem! I’ve gotten quite a few prospective’s sending me messages, and I figured I’d publish one! Eckerd is an amazing place to work in conservation, because we are generally a very eco-conscious school. I would suggest considering an environmental science minor, and joining Earth Society. It’s really important to make connections during school to get internships, jobs, etc later on.
- the people: I’ve met my absolute best friends in the world; and generally everyone is very nice, open, and willing to make new friends (this is the advantage of autumn term, all freshmen trying to make friends)
- I’m going to be a nerd here and say my professors/classes: The small classes sizes were just the best (and the worst…. when you skip class and your prof emails you asking if you’re sick and you have to awkwardly make up and excuse…) But really the best- you get that one on one attention and very personal recommendations. You’re going to have terrible classes, you just are, it’s probably going to be organic chemistry, but then you are going to have the most amazing classes that change your perspective on everything
- All campus parties: You are not going to have that many schools where the ENTIRE campus comes out for a party and the party is outside (score for Florida)… but at Eckerd you do… and it’s a tradition to dress up and go crazy- from Toga, to Cowboys vs Indians, to Space Party, Around the World, there’s more, definitely go to them
- Being outside: When you get your tour, you’ll see, its just beautiful to stand outside, we have swings, hammocks, our own beach, people call it “camp eckerd” for a reason
I have tons more (the dorms, the free events, milkshakes at the pub, pitchers with professors, winter term) but those are the main ones
- Health Services: It’s really hard to get an appointment sometimes, one time I was sick and I couldn’t get an appointment for a few days, and by that time I was better
- Rain: If you come to Eckerd, buy rainboots. Some parts of the campus become lakes after a day of rain (seriously ducks swim next to Beta) DO NOT WALK IN THE LAWN IN FRONT OF IOTA AFTER IT RAINS, it looks like grass, but its 3 feet of water. On the upside, it’s super sunny FL so it drains out
barefootnhappy asked: Hey! so I applied to Eckerd and got in...I am visiting in February and its my top school right now. Do you have any insight about the school for me? Thanks! :)
First, congrats on getting in! I’d be happy to answer any questions you have- I am recent graduate and was fortunate enough to participate in a lot that Eckerd has to offer! (I was also a tour guide, but you’ll get most of that on your visit!)
If you are interested in a small school, that is truly a community of wonderful people, then Eckerd is the place for you! You definitely don’t have that “lost in the crowd” feel like some other schools.
Do you know what major you’re thinking about? Or I would be happy to answer questions you might have about the social atmosphere (aka the parties- it is a big part of the college experience)
But I personally would pick Eckerd every time- and I know all of my friends would do the same.
Outside I’m just like
but inside I’m just like
I’m just like
I’m just like